Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Can you see me

Sometimes out of nowhere thoughts, words, just come to me. I was running late (well "am running late") this morning but had to STOP and write these words.

What I put out to myself, to anyone reading this today is to realize that we are all the same. Some of us have smaller demons than others to face, but when we were created, it was all through Him.

Eyes upon me
See right through
For I am here I feel the
stare of 'better than you'
Oh yesterday we were the same
Demons haunt me
They are my shame
Can you see me standing here
Drugs or drink
Hunger pangs more
The Demons surround some of us
A silent horrible world
Eyes upon me, see right through
One day my hope
You will see
Possibly help me
Set me Free

These words represent any person facing the demons of drug and/or alcohol abuse, mental and/or physical abuse. Sometimes, I feel, one's Demons consume them, leaving them stranded, alone, and even homeless.

To my family and friends, may the Blessings of Our Lord Jesus Christ fill your spirit with compassion to live your days leading others in his likeness and seeing beauty and goodness even amongst despair.

Hugs and much love, Patty (aka Barney Beagle)