Thursday, August 13, 2009

5 Months to this Day

5 Months ago to this day my Mentor, My friend, My Guide.... My Mother passed away. A smile on her face, even in death she seemed Happy and Angelic. Temporarily here on Earth to guide her children and shower those around her with love. And I mean everyone she met and knew, she possessed an inner beauty one can only strive to achieve. I miss her terribly...., it still does not seem real.

Driving along a few country roads today I could sense her, feel her... her inner beauty was shining everywhere. I almost couldn't breathe and just about had to pull over; it's difficult to drive with tears flowing. I almost had a re-wind of my years with Mom. Some happy, some sad, some not so good, and some I regret.

Which brings me to now.... this day, this moment, this hour, minute, second.... don't let unsaid things go unsaid. Don't let I Love Yous and/or I'm Sorry slip away.... for those very things left undone can haunt you.

Today and everyday I think of Mom and strive to become more of her being, her inner beauty.

I miss you Mom.

Love Patty
(aka Barney Beagle)