Saturday, January 16, 2010

Track!

Track... first thing that comes to mind is the sport of Track and Field.

In Track and Field you certainly have movement, some very precise; take the hurdles or pole vault. You would not want to be "off track" in those events or you could go splat! That would not be fun, although I'm sure when one first started there were moments where things weren't on track.... however.... you learned from it and moved on. The movement and energy of Track and Field is near and dear to my heart.

Now I'm faced with another form of Track. Tracking my health, tracking my food intake, tracking my energy output, and working on finding the combination that will ultimately bring me to a healthier, happier lifestyle. Sound exciting? Well yes! To me it is exciting, however I'm not as intimately familiar with this from of "track" as I am with "track and field". I'm learning though, and learning is the key word here.

I received this quote today and it fits so perfectly with my thoughts on this blog today...

"It's not how often you get off track that impacts your life. It's how fast you notice you are off track and what you learn that determines where you end up". Marshall Sylver

That quote in and of itself sums it all up for me. It's how fast you notice you are off track and what you learn.

This day I woke knowing I'd do something for myself and my family. Something that enlightens us and gets us moving. For me that is taking a nice hike amongst our foothills. The views are spectacular, the scenery keeps one engaged to where one hardly notices the distance one's traveled. Spectacular views tied in with movement (exercise). An inviting combination for this writer.

As I venture the hills today I know my mind and body will be energized with new ideas for my next blog. Nature has a way of bringing out the creative side in me; I'd call that a plus.

To my readers this day - ENJOY your day. Find what makes you happy, live what makes you happy, smile more, move more, love more.

Blessings to you my family and friends this day.

Barney (aka Patty)