Friday, January 22, 2010

10 minute challenge

Just how long is 10 minutes? Perhaps the time it takes to blow-dry ones hair, or the time to take a shower, make a quick breakfast. 10 minutes can fit in alot when you think about it. 10 minute break at work to get a cup of coffee/water perhaps? 10 minutes to drop the kids off at school? When you think about it one can do quit a bit in 10 minutes. Which brings me to this question.

What 10 minute activity do you do daily for yourself? I'm talking about something that moves the body. Walk? Run? Weights? Sit ups? Perhaps you're one of the millions that say I just don't have time. I know I'm amongst that group. HOWEVER, this weeks challenge is to fit in 10 minutes of walking daily.

How? Walk 5 minutes one direction, and 5 minutes back. There you have it your 10 minute workout. Weathers bad? March in place at home for 10 minutes. March in place as you make dinner. Lift weights, there's Pilate's, Yoga, Dancing, Walking... and we're talking 10 minutes only.

Think of all the 10 minute activities you do daily and then erase that thought of "I just don't have time".... quite frankly we all have time. We can start today with 10 minutes. I challenge myself and I challenge my family and friends to make time for "you". I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Blessings to you my family and friends this day.