Thursday, January 21, 2010

One step at a time....

Finally, finally finally! I did it! I hit my first 5-lb loss, after the past year of ups and downs, I did it. Yes, I did say past year. This past year has been a whirlwind of emotions for me, a whirlwind of sorrow and heart-aches. The kind of heart-aches that knocks you to your knees and literally sucks the very breath out of you.... as if your body has collapsed inward.

Oh joy though.... tonight I did it. I almost jumped for joy, and when given my first 5-lb marker it was all I could do not to cry as my mind quickly rewound the past year. Thankfully, with the love and support of my sweetie and my younger sister I've been able to keep to an even keel and not give in to "the beast". The "beast" of emotional eating for comfort. Perseverance, love, and gentle forgiveness has kept me going and got me this far. 5-lbs, a small goal, seems like the weight of the world has been lifted off.

Thank you Sweetie and thank you "M" for believing in me and keeping me focused on what is important and that it can be done... you only have to believe in yourself.

Great big hugs to all who continue to support me. Wow! I really did it! Now I can only step forward to healthier and happier times.... with less of me that I will over time, leave behind.