Wednesday, March 18, 2009

No greater woman

Mom, I still can't believe you are gone. You blessed me this morning by the laughter my daughter brought to me. At times she is wise beyond her years. I felt you in her this morning. I miss you. I'm trying Mom, you were my compass, my map when I was lost. You never "gave directions" but always gently "guided" your children. I know that Dad will continue to guide me, you know that too, you were called home to God and we will see you when we are called home. I love you.


Joan Marie Gilbert Feb. 19, 1936~March 13, 2009
Resident of Antioch Beloved wife of Brian R. Gilbert; loving mother of Brian J. (Christina) Gilbert, Mary (Glenn) Jessup, Patricia Holub, Cecelia "Kiki" (Tony) Gonzalez, and Jeanne (Daryl) Bonner; cherished grandmother of Sonya (Jeremy) Smith, Debbie (Jacob) Gonzalez, Janine Holub, Cheryl Jessup, Brittany and Sarah Gilbert; treasured great-grandmother of Ryan Hunt and Veronica Smith; devoted daughter of Raymond and Mary Heredia; caring sister of Mary Ellen Heredia, Laura Britto, and Christine Wheat; and aunt to many nieces and nephews. Joan was preceded in death by her beloved mother, Carmen Galarza and brothers, Ray and Tony Heredia. Joan was a native of Antioch and graduated from Antioch High School.

The most important things to Joan were her Family and her Faith. She was a strong supporter of the many activities of her children and grandchildren as well as her parish. Joan enjoyed gardening, sports, camping, her pets, arts and crafts, reading, music and the beauty of nature. She worked for Wells Fargo Bank and the CCC District Attorney's Office.

Family and friends are invited to attend the Visitation from 4-7:30pm, followed by the Vigil on Thursday, March 19 at Higgins Chapel, 1310 A St., Antioch; and Funeral Liturgy at 10:30 a.m. on Friday, March 20 at St. Ignatius Church, 3351 Contra Loma Blvd., Antioch. Committal will follow at Holy Cross Catholic Cemetery, Antioch.

No comments: