Saturday, March 21, 2009

The Day After.....

Mixed emotions.
Sorrow, despair, pain, joy, happiness... all at once.
Overwhelming, hard to breathe, anxiety.

The Birdies are singing outside.
Busy building their yearly nest outside my kitchen window.
Spring. New Life. Gods beauty and glory is everywhere.

Mom saw beyond and into God's creations
Every living thing, every person.
Mom knew one's heart, sometimes better than
one knew themself. An Angel. A Gift from God
who graced all.

I woke up this morning with the horrific feeling
of knowing I'd never see, never touch, never feel
Mom again. Never hear her voice, her laugh, see
her smile, her tears, her being. I am overcome
with sorrow. My chest is crushing inward.

Mom, know that in my sorrow I rejoice for your
rising, no more pain, no more pills, no insulin needles,
no more doctors, no more dialysis, no more surgeries,
no more suffering. As promised, and as you lived
and walked through Faith, your life preparation, you have risen

I will do my best Mom to be ever present with God, to
walk as you walked in Faith. I love you, I miss you, until
we meet again in Heaven

Psalm 46:1
God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.

Isiah 26:3
You will keep in perfect peace with him whose mind is steadfast.

No comments: