Saturday, January 3, 2009

Random Thoughts

A lazy day indeed. When I say lazy I don't mean "sit and do nothing", what I mean is lazy in a way that you do what you want when you want and never worry about the time. That is my definition of lazy. Indeed a lazy day.

Some thoughts. A New Year. What does that mean. 2008 gone. What does that mean. Frankly, today, I really don't care, well I do care, it's just I choose not to give it much thought, not today. I'm sure it means many things to many people.... A trillion thoughts floating in space. No two the same, hmmmm

The peaceful thrum of the dryer "turning, turning, turning" The sound is almost comforting and pulls me into a daze at times. The cat stares at me. What's he thinking? Just staring. Do I look like food? Do I smell funny? Who knows.... just stares. A piercing stare. Interesting. He's like a statue.

Bikes dusted off... well more like washed off. A shame the cobwebs have taken over. The trails call out to them, and today a good cleaning off. Two smaller ones rest on the sidewalk. A "Free Sign to good home, we just need tires". One has already found a home and is gone. The other awaits. It warms my heart. They have sat too long collecting dust and cobwebs -- they need to be bikes again. Wheels turning. The laughter of children driving them over the pavement.

Love. Life. Family. Success. Dreams. Goals. Here. There. Where next. Marriage. Divorce. Death. Happiness. Sadness. Pain. Joyful Memories. Child. God. Good vs. Evil. All these thoughts whirl in my mind.... so many for such a "lazy day".... But lazy days have a way of doing that... lazy days have a way of letting many thoughts creep in to one's mind all at once, sometimes slowly, and sometimes, in my case, all at once.

For today, I'll let the thoughts come, quickly or slowly, as they may, or as I will - it's all good. I've got time, for today there is no time ... for today is merely a lazy day.

No comments: