Tuesday, February 23, 2010

To Forgive

To forgive, easy to say, but is it easy to do? Sometimes not, sometimes yes.

This day I try to forgive whomever burglarize our home. What an invasive feeling. The anger welled up inside of me, how can someone so callously break into a persons' home, and take what they feel? Things taken, although stuff, it is stuff that I have worked very hard for... some will take years to be replaced. It makes me sad, and it makes me angry. To work so hard, and have someone just come and take what is not theirs. I pray.

I try to pray for whomever did this, that they find it in themselves to "stop" what is wrong, to turn to God so that God can redeem them, guide them.... perhaps they can fix the wrong they have done. I pray, every day, it is hard. It is hard knowing someone came into my home, broke in, went through our things, .... the house feels wrong at times.

I pray, so I can forgive, let it go, not to forget, but not to hold on to the anger, the fear, even the sadness. Pray for those that wrong you, pray for those that hurt you, pray for healing, pray that you can forgive.

I turn to God and ask him to help me do just that.

Blessings to you my family and friends.

Barney (aka Patty)