Thursday, December 24, 2009

Moments

Woke with a song in my heart, Glory be to God
Woke with a feeling of joy, knowing everything would be okay
Woke with a feeling of Mom right beside, though I can't see
Surprised that tears did not come to me. For she has risen
and is with our Lord, safely home in heaven above able
to reach out to all her family at once, she can be with
everyone now, spreading her love and joy.

Sitting on the cold grass of the cemetery I no longer feel
like I need to dig her up. Yes her body is there, however her
spirit soars with Angels high. Sitting on the cold grass I
stare at her name on the marble grave marker.... 1936-2009
a short time here on earth. A time when she blessed all those
she knew and loved. Even those that never knew her, she
prayed for them, faithfully daily... this she did I can assure you.

Sitting with brother, and my nieces I
puffed on a peach cigar (sorry mom) offered to me by brother.
Contemplating life, contemplating how short 73 years can be
yet how profound an impact a life can make.

Hard to walk away, sitting there for a long while, just staring
at her name... feeling how lucky I am to have a Mom like "my Mom".

I miss you Mom, I know you are in a joyous and peaceful place.
Know that we raise our hearts and our prayers to you this day...
And thank you for leading us and guiding us on our way.

Merry Christmas Momma-sita, you ARE the BEST!