Monday, June 1, 2009

Gilbert

GILBERT
Brian R. (1930 - ) and Joan M. (1936-2009)

Oh... something about seeing this in writing yesterday was surreal. How could this be real? Aren't our mothers and fathers supposed to be around forever? I know, that is not true, for if they were around forever they would be saying farewell to us. Something a parent should never have to do, bury and bid farewell to a child.

The grass on Mom's grave site felt comforting as I sat staring down at their names. Their names engraved permanently on marble stone, praying hands and the Lord's cross between them, uniting them, always. 2 hearts bound by a lifetime of love. Blessed. I miss Mom. I miss Dad being away in New York.

I can feel mom's presence as I sit, crying, sobbing. Not caring about others that may be near, visiting their loved ones. The pain is real, a testimony to the love and spirit of a beautiful woman gone safely home to our Lord. I pray, I sit, I tell myself it's not real over and over again. When will I wake from this dream? Perhaps never, perhaps in time, in His time. I bow my head to pray again, to give thanks for the Blessings in my life.

I will come again Mom, to visit, to sit, to cry and to one day laugh. Your beauty shall live on forever in those that were Blessed to have you in their lives. Until we meet again Mom.