Friday, April 17, 2009

Over the fields and "UP" the hills....

This past week I've discovered some wonderful "hidden treasures" - right here in our own backyard. I'm talking the hills and trails in the Black Diamond Mine area as well as the hills behind Contra Loma Regional Park. What magnificent beauty in the hills. Now mind you, one has to hike in to view natures beauty, however the breathtaking views are worth it. Not to mention the good your body gets out of it. A healthy way to soak in nature and appreciate the simplistic beauty of life. It's everywhere... it's just our world is so "crazy fast" we miss it.

I enjoy my work, and I must go back come Monday, however I will miss the early morning walks. Perhaps a twilight walk is in the making here. The hills call out to me it seems, just after 3 days of hiking. ... imagine that.

My legs are "talking to me", and those of you that know me, know what I mean. The good thing is I know I am getting healthy exercise. It's like waking an old friend who has been asleep for too long. That's what it is when the "legs talk to you". Sore, yes, but a good sore. Makes one feel alive.

I can see my sister and I planning many weekend hikes with the kids. What fun to venture outdoors, and I dare to say I even see a twilight venture in the future. The very near future. These legs will never to be the same, thanks to the beauty of nature that has finally awoke me.

Happy Trails to my family and friends.