Monday, December 8, 2008

Lifes Ventures

"Don't be afraid your life will end - be afraid it will never begin." - Grace Hansen

Oh how I enjoy quotations. Most quotations make me think. Make me smile. Make me sigh, cry, laugh, and for the most part a quotation can bring about any number of emotions or feelings. About life. About ones self. About God. About boyfriends, girlfriends, husbands, wives, lovers, the world, the cat, the dog, .... okay, not the cat or dog. Just wanted to see if you were paying attention (smiles).

I would like to think that I am living my life. I would like to think that I am on the path that my maker set out before me, I would like to think and believe this. However, I'd be lieing through my teeth if I said it was easy, said it was happy-go-lucky, said it was exactly as I would like it to be. See? Yikes! Oh My! The issue with that last statement is, and I repeat part of it "said it was exactly as I would like it to be".

You see, my thoughts around living vs. the plan of my maker are in total disagreement. Wow! Did I say that? Yes, as a matter of fact I did. Well, I really didn't "say it", rather "thought it" and typed it out [for those of you that are literals to any word, written or spoken ;o)] So how can I know if this is true... I mean my thoughts around living vs. the plan of my maker being in disagreement? Well, I really don't know - - - however, I do know I have some defined visions of where I would like to be in life vs. where I am now. The two visions are nowheres (is that a word?) close to each other. Therefore, I must deduct (thinking again), that my ideas/plans differ from my maker. Hmmmmmmmmmm.....

Therefore, one must learn to obey and follow that ever soft direction of our Lord. It's like that of mother nudging her child... gently, softly. Sometimes it is difficult to hear that nudge... and at times I don't feel it at all. Perhaps I have a lesson in obedience ahead of me (ah-ha-ha.... don't laugh at this one.... those that know me, know I can be well defined in certain areas). So perhaps this is a lesson, a lesson to learn.

"Don't be afraid your life will end - be afraid it will never begin." - Grace Hansen. What does that quote mean? I guess we can all answer it differently, see it differently... this writer would like to put it out there that it might certainly get one thinking.... and hopefully get one living, living the path set before them, vs. forcefully trying to create ones own.

Blessings to all my friends and family this day..... and lets Live, Live without Fear!

Barney (aka Patty)

No comments: