Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Did someone say "turn up the heat?"

Whew! When Mother Nature wants to turn on the heat, she really turns on the heat. Now mind you it could be worse, we could have the humidity to go with it. That is where I think I'd draw the line and say strip off the clothes and just be naked. Naked, naked, naked... if it keeps you cool, then hey - there you go. But just the thought of all the naked bodies.... eeeeuuu! Back to reality. Although I have to say some bodies where kinda cool (ah-hem... I'm not dead). I digress.... There has to be other ways to keep cool though (besides the obvious of stripping down to one's birthday suit)... really one must get creative.

Mind you I've tried many creative ideas, and some have worked, and some have not. I even tried the turning on a fan behind a block of ice (yeah... I know... goofy)... but you won't know unless you try it. Then there is the water the yard syndrome. What I mean is one waters the yard sun-up to sun-down just to feel the cool water running on their feet (thus bringing the body core down for a short time). Of course there is always the cold shower (not the typical cold shower - wink), but the cold shower just to cool off. One shower, two shower, three shower, even four! What really sucks about the yard approach and the shower approach is ... well it uses alot of water and we are in the midst of water rationing in this state! Oye! How about this one, open the freezer, insert head for 10 seconds and "ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"... Don't laugh, I've done this too. So I ask, any other ideas on how to keep cool. I'd love to hear your creative thoughts and/or ideas.

For now I think I'm headed to the water the yard syndrome, followed by shower #2, and shortly thereafter shower #3, #4, #5, #6.......... will it ever stop? So who's idea was it to turn up the heat anyway?

No comments: