Saturday, September 4, 2010

Silent Crys

Can you hear me, I'm at your door
Can you hear me, I'm hungry, can you spare a bit more

Thrown in to this world, cause man didn't care
Got them a new house and they left me here

Why would they do this, I thought they cared
A new house a new place why not include me

Alone in the cold, alone in the dark,
Next thing I knew I had babies, what a start
The joy of them warms me, there's horror as well
how can I feed them, it's dark and it's cold,
..... there's no one who cares

So now I scratch and I scrap to barely get by
some of my babies are weak, and some they will die

I reach out to people, most shoo me away
some try to feed me, but get tired, I'm a stray

Then one night some food came out like a dream
some of my babies were fed and were freed

Freed from the street, from the scraping and pain
I hope that they find love, a home, perhaps one for me

The cage with the food it scares me and them
Deep inside I know it's that or we'll all end up dead

Dead from starvation or caught in some snare
A snare of the world comes quickly


If you can read this I want you to know
I don't understand why you left me alone

The love that I gave you, unconditional and more
I guess that a new place was something much more

I don't understand, and I forgive you I guess
but my body grows weary from hunger and unrest

May your new house keep you, and not do to you,
Cause if it doesn't work out it might toss you out too


Written on behalf of all the abandoned animals that are so shamelessly left behind.

No comments: